10 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR HOME WHILE ON VACATION.
- GET A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM and make sure you advertise that you have one. Better if it will allow you to monitor your home remotely.
- STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA. Post your vacation pics when you get back home.
- KEEP YOUR YARD MAINTAINED. Have someone trim your lawn while you’re away so it looks like someone is home.
- HOLD MAIL AND DELIVERIES. Have the post office hold your mail and packages.
- INSTALL PROPER EXTERIOR LIGHTS with a timer or that have movement sensors.
- INSTALL TIMERS ON YOUR INTERIOR LIGHTS to make it look like someone is home.
- HAVE A TRUSTED FRIEND WATCH YOUR HOME while you’re away., and take in your trash.
- SECURE YOUR GARAGE DOOR and the door that you enter from your garage door.
- LOCK YOUR SLIDING DOORS AND WINDOWS (even on the second floor).
- KEEP YOUR BLINDS OPEN (if you usually do). Your home will look like someone is home.